Defensive Driving Course
Our defensive driving courses are research based courses by the National Safety Council (NSC) in the United States globally deployed to address the human factor which constitutes major cause of road crashes.
STEERITE has been a NSC member since 2009 as well as an accredited Training centre, a member of Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents in the United Kingdom (RoSPA). Apart from maintaining a robust training model for learners and practising drivers, we partner with Corporate Organisations and reputable individuals to create road safety awareness in the community.
It is our conviction that driving requires more than being good but safe; which can be achieved through detailed research structured training and assessment program that keeps driver up to date with dynamics of driving to embracing the culture of safety and ultimate reduction of carnage on our roads.
Who can participate:
- Company Drivers
- Fleet & Logistics Managers
- Members of Staff
Please find highlighted below courses we recommend for your Organization:
DDC – 8/6, 9th Edition
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of occupational fatalities, accounting for more than 2000 deaths per year. Driver error directly contributes to almost 60% of motor vehicle collisions. Research shows that learning critical defensive driving techniques can significantly prevent injuries and save lives.
The DDC – 8/6 9th edition is a substantially revised content and training resource of the National Safety Council, it is one of the most compelling programs for keeping drivers safe on the road; the program can be customized with local training statutes or a company's fleet rules and regulations.
Participants will learn:
- Practical knowledge and techniques to avoid traffic collisions and violations
- Why choosing safe, responsible, and lawful driving behaviours makes personal and financial sense
- Factors one can control before driving, from emotions to vehicle maintenance
- How to drive defensively in unpredictable conditions
- How driver attitude and behaviour can help prevent collisions and poor decision-making
- How to prevent collisions and recognize potential hazards
DDC-Professional Truck Driver (PTD)
For over 20 years, NSC's DDC-Professional Truck Driver program has been the most comprehensive training of its type, giving professional truck drivers defensive driving techniques that help them avoid collisions, violations and taking personal responsibility for their driving decisions.
DDC-PTD addresses all the contemporary issues important to the professional truck drivers. It was developed and structured according to the large truck crash causation study with input from drivers, fleet safety managers, educators and insurance professionals and can be easily modified to address any specific equipment, driver issues and policies.
With crashes in the trucking industry skyrocketing, your organization can reduce costs and save lives by including DDC-PTD in your defensive driving training curriculum.
Participants will learn:
- How driver fatigue and stress impacts operating a large vehicle
- How to identify physical and mental driver conditions that influence driving performance
- Proper vehicle maintenance and inspections
- How to deal with changing driving conditions and hazards
- Safe following distances, dealing with blind spots, lane management techniques and steps for backing up safely
- Explain and demonstrate the three-step DDC collision Prevention Formula